Business Developer (Latin America)
Growth – Mexico
Do you ever ask yourself if what you’re spending your time on at work really matters and fully utilises your potential? Working at Kognity means you don’t have to ask that question any more. Our vision, to provide the world’s 1.5 billion students with great educational resources powered by technology, means that we come to work every single day knowing we’re making a difference in hundreds of thousands of students’ lives.
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world, but we are only at the beginning of our journey towards reaching our vision. We therefore need exceptionally driven, hard-working and warm people who are passionate about making our vision a reality.
Who you are & why we need you
You will be responsible for the most important part of the sales cycle - fuelling our 100% year-on-year growth ambition. You will be spending your time identifying, prospecting, presenting to, and persuading new schools to sign up to Kognity, and be responsible for an entire region, in both execution and strategy. You should have experience working with short sales cycles (< 3 months), and your success will depend on your ability to book and run meetings, close deals, work constructively with feedback and be flexible around new initiatives.
You have that unique combo of having an immense drive for performance and innovation, but also having the biggest heart. That means that meeting your targets is the key driver for you, whilst remaining highly customer-centric and caring as an individual.
Kognity will provide you with a different kind of sales organisation - one where team spirit is most important, the organisational structure is flat, initiatives are encouraged, ownership is supported, and rapid development is required to bring new opportunities.
- Meeting prospects to showcase Kognity at schools and conferences
- Handling the customer journey from prospect to signed contract
- Negotiating with key stakeholders to sell an opt-out contract and subscription to schools
- Conducting in-person trainings of students and teachers at high-potential schools
- Successfully handing over subscribing schools to the Account Management team
- Piloting new initiatives to drive conversion rates
- Estimated travelling 2-3 weeks per month (not in one block)
- Higher education degree in relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience in B2B sales working with short sales cycles
- Experience in meeting ambitious revenue targets
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both written and verbal – fluency in additional languages is valued
- High level of structure and attention to detail
Other skills we value
- SaaS / EdTech sales experience
- Ambitious yet humble
- Willingness to learn from others and receive feedback
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Experienced traveller
What we can offer you
- Coaching from dedicated leaders
- Career opportunities as Kognity continues to grow 100% year-on-year
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Competitive base salary + commission with no cap
Lastly, by joining Kognity, you would adhere to our company values revolving around hard work and care for each other’s well-being and growth.
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.