Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 100 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn faster and more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, fast-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We believe that engaging and curriculum aligned content is at the core of student success. We are creating the best tool and content for teachers and students to make students succeed at a curriculum.
Your job is to set the strategy, build the best team and drive execution of the creation of curriculum aligned content across a broad range of subjects, in several curriculums and expanding to new markets. You will lead a talented team of project managers and content creators, as well as a large pool of authors and suppliers. In addition to delivery, you and your team will explore, innovate and integrate new sources of content, new content types, and ways to deliver it to students and teachers.
You will work closely with CPO, VP Product and other leaders in the Product Leadership team in setting the overall product strategy, as well as with leaders and teams across the company in achieving our vision of radically improved learning.
To be successful in this role, you need experience from leading an educational content operation, a willingness to both take on and demand accountability, and a flexibility in role and focus as our market, product and company are evolving.
While we are in the beginning of scaling, we are still small enough that you will have an outsize impact on the product, the business and our culture.
- Take lead on and contribute to work within Product leadership team and product operation leadership team
- Accountable for cost effective and timely content creation
- Budgeting for the function, including overheads and content development budget. Within the existing budget, full mandate to reallocate funds.
- Keep the Content function updated on company strategy and vision, make sure the team objective and goals connect to company overall objectives
- Achieve “Best team in place” with full decision making within existing roles: Evaluate and give feedback (and coach) on performance and behaviours. Make actions/development plans as needed to make sure performance levels are high.
- Extensive experience of leading content creation of learning material (subjects or assessment) aimed at 14-19 year olds, ideally but not necessarily curriculum-aligned
- Experience of and drive for innovating/elevating the learning experience of content: such as rethinking the content mix, new content types etc
- Experience of working with learning designers and learning design, not just editorial
- Experience of and drive for innovating/elevating the way content is created: such as crowdsourcing, teacher editable etc
- More biased towards innovation than operational efficiency, but needs to care about and deliver in both
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.