Senior Web Engineer
Tech – Stockholm
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 70 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
You are a software engineer with several years of professional experience who likes getting things done, and doing them well. You are pragmatic, and you like it when things are moving fast and to have fun while at it. You appreciate smart, dedicated colleagues who truly care about you, the product and the technical solutions. You value simplicity, code reviews and continuous integration. You will be part of a small team of engineers who develop the technical learning platform and infrastructure. We work full-stack from infrastructure, deployment, database, Django backend up to frontend apps with AngularJS/Vue and Webpack. Together with our Product team, we also contribute to the ideation and solution stages of upcoming features and projects.
- Developing and maintaining new features, backend and frontend
- Taking part in product ideation and development
- 5+ years of web development experience, especially in a lead role
- Ability and desire to work full-stack
- Establishing best practices for frontend development
Other skills we value
- Django, Rails, Spring or similar web technology
- AngularJS/React/Vue or similar web frameworks
- Automated testing (unit, integration, selenium) and strategies
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, Teamcity), Deployments, Builds
- Webpack or similar bundle tools
- Experience with SQL databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Working with AWS, Heroku, CDN, Docker etc.
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.