Platform Management – Stockholm
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 70 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are now looking for a Product Manager, who can break down our product strategy into new solutions for our users within the setting of a cross-functional squad. You will base this work on a combination of end-user research, data analysis, and product strategy considerations.
Some of your main tools will be data analysis, product strategy considerations, user research, and internal and external workshopping. You will have a continuous dialogue with the Head of Platform, designers and developers. You will use these methods as you prioritise the next product steps, and shape and validate solution proposals. You will then work closely with designers to develop these solutions. You will help ensure a data-driven approach in our product development, so that we solve the right problems, and solve them well.
As well as the above, you will prioritise our backlog, be the primary product expert, and own bug handling and prioritisation. You will also need to coordinate with other teams such as marketing, sales, and customer success, about product releases and user communication.
To work well in the role, you need to be a master thinker and doer. You have a strong interest in products and the technology behind them. You like to challenge yourself with how much value you can deliver to end users. You understand the balance between non-opinionated product development and moving forward fast and rapidly understand complex dependencies. You love data, as you know that it holds the truth.
You appreciate smart, dedicated colleagues who truly care about you, about the product, and about the users. You are execution-focused but also like having fun at work.
You enjoy the biggest of challenges. The idea of being part of a small team tasked with building and designing the global future of learning products excites you.
- Turning a brothematic roadmap into specific and validated solution proposals
- Overseeing the design of proposals into implementable value-delivering solutions
- Validating the solutions once they have been implemented
- Leading / performing discovery work, such as research, data analysis, and validation to ensure that we are moving in the right direction both strategically, and on feature level
- Owning the backlog; prioritising based on business needs
- Conducting user tests to get input and further iterating on the designs and concepts on which you and the team are working
- Working closely with engineers before and throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final product
- Helping to shape the product culture at Kognity
- 2+ years of product management in an web application/platform centric company, working with discovery practices as well as delivery and implementation
- 4+ years of working within product development
- A strong interest in products and how they get built
- Ability to grasp complex products and dependencies quickly
- Data analysis skills and familiarity with data analysis tools
- User research and usability research techniques
- PM crafts such as workshop setups, impact mapping, and user journey analysis
- Exceptional English in written and oral communication
Other skills we value
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in human computer interaction, computer science, IT, design, or any other related field
- Coding background
- Experience of education and pedagogy
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.