Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 100 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn faster and more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, fast-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
The Information Security Manager will play a key role in ensuring the function and compliance of our business critical information systems thus enabling us to meet increasing customer requirements on meeting the highest information security standards and protecting Kognity’s large data sets against external attacks. The person will be independently responsible for driving Kognity’s information security agenda, which will require the person to work holistically across the business and against the highest seniority levels.
The ideal candidate has extensive project management experience and likely experience from driving a similar information security agenda at another tech company. Also, the person we bring onboard will need to be a self-starter with proven experience of structuring and driving complex projects from start to finish including company-wide implementation. As no comprehensive solutions or standards are in place today, the candidate will be the information security expert at Kognity with significant room to grow as Kognity expands in size and complexity.
The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Ensure that Kognity has appropriate information security in its business through working with internal IT, IT security for external systems, information management structures and training. Responsibilities specifically include:
- Driving the information security and systems management side of ensuring compliance with regulatory standards (e.g. GDPR, ISO 27001) and IT security best practices for EdTech companies
- Managing IT systems impacting information security, like Google suite, ERPs and others regularly used in the Kognity business
Ensure that our Technical infrastructure & integrations enable the business to deliver great results by:
- Managing our internal integrations & ability to integrate the systems we use in a cost-efficient and secure way, and be a key player in project teams working with external integrations
- Support vetting new systems and enable teams to pick systems and tools in a careful manner, building together with and not on top of existing infrastructure when possible
- Setting employee hardware and systems lifecycle processes and managing these together with People Operations
- IT knowledge around systems, integration strategies & information security in a cloud-based business – to be able to establish information security strategies and policies, set accurate system requirements correct requirements system properly according to those IT policies, and manage them over time
- Project management - to be able to properly manage internal and external integration & infrastructure projects from start to end, including partner
- Collaboration & communication skills – to be the spider in the web around internal IT since successful performance of the role relies on close collaboration with other internal stakeholders and company management
Other skills we value
- Experience from running an information security certification project, e.g. for ISO 27001 compliance
- Strong network in the IT and information security ecosystem, allowing Kognity to procure the most suited external resources when needed
- Experience from cloud-based businesses, SaaS and/or EdTech
- Experience from working for vendors seeking to meet compliance requests when selling to publicly financed or regulated organizations
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.