Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 100 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn faster and more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, fast-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We’re growing at a fast past. Our product squads need someone who can match this pace and deliver. We also need someone who can codify their work and raise our standards as they develop new things. You are a logical thinker and comfortable with process and using/ building a design system. You’ll challenge issues as you see them around HIGS, Mobile use, accessibility, and general user journeys.
- Discovery and delivery to achieve squad and company goals
- Doing qualitative (interview etc) and quantitative (surveys, data analysis) research and synthesising findings into users needs, wants, behaviours in compelling ways.
- Rapidly ideating and prototyping new solutions based on new findings or ideas.
- Testing designs and concepts on users for desirability and usability.
- Crafting interactive/delightful/desirable experiences and developing final look and feel.
- Evolve and improve designs already in place.
- Proactively collaborate with (design and run workshops; discuss; set design standards/requirements; challenge; collect approvals) with relevant stakeholders throughout the process: in particular with the Product Manager in the squad, Engineers in the squad and the other squads.
- Improving how we work with design at Kognity
- Proactively collaborate with (discuss, set design standards/requirements, challenge, collect approvals) with relevant stakeholders throughout process.
- Contributing to product vision and design culture.
- Championing and challenging the standard for design across Kognity: some or all of service design, UX design, visual design, design ops and design research.
- Helping build out and evolving Kognity’s design system: both in way of working AND in elevating the visual experience.
- Strong experience, understanding and intuition for the UX/visual design principles that drive user and business outcomes with design, and ability to create product designs that emotionally connect
- Execution driven: a doer who problem solves by doing and iterating rather than researching and white-boarding
- Ability to explore widely different tracks and narrow down based on user testing/insights and feedback from stakeholders
- Discovery workshopping (e.g. Design sprint formats) & qualitative and quantitative evaluation skills
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.