Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 100 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn faster and more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, fast-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are growing rapidly and now looking for a motivated and responsible person to join our Finance team as an Accounting manager. We are looking for someone to keep maintaining the good quality of our financials and develop and automate everyday accounting. We are looking for someone who wants to take responsibility for the accounting organization and keep building the accounting function for the future. To succeed in this role we believe that the person has a strong self-drive with innovative thinking. At the same time the person is a true team player with no prestige in shifting from complex and analytical tasks to administrative necessities when needed. You should have a genuine interest in working with numbers, different counterparties and always strive for further development. As a person, you are probably humble and supportive in nature at the same time as you can work independently.
You want to be a part of the journey to support and further develop the accounting function with a rapidly growing business. You can take, or come up with, a task and run with it, both independently and in collaboration with your Finance team members and other colleagues. Since our company is growing fast and will adapt to new business opportunities, you embrace a fast-moving environment. You will be based in Stockholm and report to the CFO.
Own different workstreams within the accounting organization and keep building the accounting function for the future.
- Maintain contact and provide support to our external accounting agency that performs the day-to-day accounting.
- Work on different projects to develop and automate the everyday accounting and verifying a good quality of our financials.
- Responsibility for the process connected to the accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Monthly and annual closing process.
- Bachelor degree in Finance/accounting
- Minimum 3 years experience. Experience from the Big-4, audit or accounting or experience of an accounting department.
- Strong understanding of financial statements (especially the balance sheet) and a good understanding for the Swedish accounting principles
- Proficient Excel/Google Sheets and Powerpoint/Google Slides skills
Please submit your CV in English.
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.