Head of Legal
Finance & Legal – Stockholm
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 70 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for a Head of Legal who will have full responsibility for all legal matters at Kognity. This a generalist role where you will work closely with all teams at Kognity to solve legal issues, e.g. IP-rights on our produced content and data privacy in new geographical areas. Your responsibilities will be both dealing with day-to-day legal questions, but more importantly to drive our long-term legal work to identify risks and handle them before they arise.
- Full ownership of all legal matters where our current main legal areas are:
- Data privacy
- Employment law and work immigration law
- Negotiating and drafting agreements with customers and suppliers
- Association/Corporate law (both Sweden/internationally)
- Regulatory issues (mainly within Education)
- Function as reviewer and advisor regarding confidentiality and master service agreements, agent agreements and various marketing and employment agreements
- Analyse risks and drive the long-term legal agenda
- Advise on regulatory matters and as well as monitor relevant law and regulations globally
- Establish and implement best practices, policies, procedures across company to promote compliance with applicable laws and contractual obligations
- Interact with external legal advisors where it is applicable
- Master of Law from a Swedish university
- At least 5-6 years of experience from either top-tier law firm or company
- Strong written and verbal communicator in both Swedish and English
- Flexible and business natured with a solution oriented approach with the ability to apply legal principles pragmatically
- Ability to work in fast changing company with high growth
- Natural sense of structure, with an interest in setting up processes and guidelines
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.