Deputy Content Team Leader
Content – Stockholm
We are looking for a Deputy Team Leader to support the Director of Content with the effective operational day-to-day running and leadership of Kognity’s amazing Content team!
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 90 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for a Deputy Team Leader to support the Director of Content (DofC) with the effective operational day-to-day running and leadership of Kognity’s Content team. This role will involve working closely with the DofC and internal team members (Project Managers and Curriculum Leaders) and includes: direct line management responsibility for key team members, responsibility for delivering on our operational project goals for Kognity’s existing markets, identifying process and structure improvements, and deputising for the DofC where required.
The ideal candidate would have strong leadership skills from within a content development environment. You would have a keen interest in making leadership the focus of your role, within a fast-growing edtech startup. This role would contribute to a friendly, supportive and ambitious team culture, so loving working with people to motivate, mentor and develop them is key. If you have strong self-management and prioritisation skills and a great execution mindset, we are interested to hear from you! You must be willing to be based full-time in our Stockholm office.
The role covers responsibilities in the follow areas:
- Leadership: Clear operational leadership focus to support the smooth running of the Content team. Direct line management responsibility for key team members in line with Kognity’s Leadership Principles, plus future responsibility for any additional more senior Project Managers. Acting with a high level of autonomy, you will share skills and mentor others to contribute to a friendly, supportive and ambitious team culture.
- Delivery against goals: Accountable for the operational output for existing markets and implementation of content strategy and plans - resourcing, setting and follow up with Curriculum Leaders/PMs.
- Day-to-day operational running of the Content team, to include: meetings, retros, goal setting/follow up, monthly budget updates/reporting, invoice and contract approvals, GDPR compliance.
- Identify and initiate opportunities for process and structure improvements.
- Can deputise for HoC, where relevant.
- Proven leadership skills within highly qualified project management/content development editorial oriented teams
- Builder of strong relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Calm and centred attitude (self-care/self-management skills)
- Strong execution ability, problem-solving and prioritisation skills
- Highly organised and extremely structured - ability to handle complex workflows autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Initiator of process and structure improvements
- Adaptable and flexible mind
- Demonstrable experience within content development
- Strong interest in education/technology and a drive to make a global impact
Other skills we value
- Knowledge of schools’ curriculum (e.g. IBDP, GCSE, IGCSE)
- Background in educational publishing
- Knowledge of the edtech industry
- Start-up experience
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.