Head of Marketing
Growth - Stockholm
Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 90 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for a Head of Marketing who is passionate about driving revenues and ready for the challenge of their lifetime shaping the Marketing function at one of Europe’s fastest growing EdTech start-ups, serving hundreds of schools in over 90 countries! This includes being fully responsible for the Marketing budget and goals, leading a team, and setting a strategy to drive revenues from Marketing.
When establishing Kognity we have, like many start-ups, focused on outbound sales. Following our product improvements and hyper-growth over the past years we want to invest in Marketing with the ambition to have one third of revenues generated by Marketing-led initiatives in the coming two years. Building an innovative Marketing function will support Kognity on its path towards radically improved learning for 1.5 billion students - that is why we need you!
You would be reporting to the Director of Growth and be part of the Growth Leadership Team, which includes the Heads of Business Development, Account Management and Strategic Growth, together in charge of a team of 30+ team members, based on four continents.
- Set a holistic Marketing two year strategy to ensure ⅓ of revenues comes from Marketing-led initiatives, aligned with Kognity and the Growth team's overall strategy
- Be ready to hire, onboard and coach a world-class Marketing team within the first 6 months at Kognity
- Set a month-by-month inbound marketing plan to drive revenues from campaigns in the short run
- Responsible for setting a Content Marketing strategy, tailored to 3+ educational systems driving leads (Kognity blog, whitepapers, etc.)
- Create a lead qualification process with the Business Development and Account Management teams to maximise the ROI from inbound leads
- Drive continuous improvements of Kognity's branding guidelines, and, online as well as offline visual identity across all channels (website, brochures, conference material etc.)
- Higher education degree within relevant field
- 7+ years experience in B2B Marketing, with an inspiring career development
- Proven track record driving revenues from Marketing-led initiatives
- Experience hiring and coaching team members
- Experience working in B2B SaaS
- Near-native English speaker
Other skills we value
- Experience working with B2B Sales and/or in the EdTech sector
- Passion for qualitative and quantitative analytics
- Natural sense of structure and long-term planning
- An entrepreneurial mind and passion for collaboration and innovation
- Driven, yet humble and open to feedback
Please note that we are working with an external recruiter on this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.