UI Product Designer (Internship)
Platform Management – Stockholm
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 90 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster and more effectively, while allowing teachers to help their students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for a talented junior product designer for an internship that will help us with great design craftsmanship and new perspectives.
- Work with real projects that will provide concrete end-user and business value and increase the overall experience.
- Interpret and evolve the product design direction from a recent company rebrand.
- Work in a modern, high growth tech startup - being a part of a cross-functional team that has a full mandate and autonomy to explore, ideate and solve user and business problems with design and tech in synergy.
- You will also be a part of the company-wide design team and immerse yourself in our design processes and work together on company-wide design challenges
We are looking for a designer to join our team during the summer but for the right candidate, start time and duration could be discussed.
You will report to the Head of Design who will commit and dedicate time to coach you and to provide continuous feedback throughout the internship.
- Create wireframes, experiments and prototypes.
- Create delightful polished designs, flows and design assets.
- Participate in, and potentially drive, user research and testing.
- Participate in, and potentially drive, workshops, sketch sessions, demos and design critique sessions.
- The ability to create and critique great design that solves real user problems - that are on brand, clear and delightful.
- Strong understanding of great visual and user experience design.
- Experience of working in Sketch or Adobe XD.
- A bonus if you are interested in working with motion as a natural part of your toolbox as a designer.
Be prepared to showcase your portfolio during the interview process, showcasing your work, what you have contributed, and the results from these projects.
We look forward to speaking with you!