Finance & Legal - Stockholm
Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 90 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are now looking for a highly ambitious star to join our Finance & Legal team as the Accounting Manager. You will have the overall responsibility for our accounting processes meaning that you will be working with managing the external accounting agencies that does our daily outsourced accounting/payments/salaries, interact with auditors, authorities and banks, carry out group consolidation as well as work on finance related projects.
The job entails a lot of international exposure since Kognity consists of Swedish, US and UK legal entities. You will also be responsible for accounting processes in our sister company Lanterna.
You will be based in Stockholm and report to our CFO. We are scaling fast and are currently 60+ coworkers located in Stockholm, London, Texas, Dubai, Mexico City and Singapore.
- Ensuring quality in key deliverables from external accounting agencies and payroll agencies as well as handle communication with auditors, authorities and banks in each local market.
- Be responsible for the monthly and year-end closing processes in the group including consolidation.
- Ensuring sufficient internal processes (e.g. accruals, salaries, orders/invoicing etc.) for deliverables to our external accounting agencies.
- Identify gaps and opportunities in systems, processes and internal control functions.
- Be proactive regarding accounting related topics and processes and be a sounding board to CFO.
- Higher education degree within finance/accounting.
- Strong understanding of accounting with +3 years of experience from Big4 or fast- growing tech start-ups.
- Experience from working with Swedish K2/K3 accounting standards.
- You are a doer with strong self-drive, open to feedback and innovative thinking.
- A true team player with no prestige in shifting from complex and analytical tasks to administrative necessities when needed.
- Excellent English and Swedish, both verbal and written.
Please note that we are working with an external recruiter on this role. For more information about the role please contact responsible recruiter Mikael Schmidt at +46 70 415 85 13.