Senior Full-stack Engineer
Tech - Stockholm
Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 100 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We work in small cross-functional product teams with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to improve learning globally through our learning platform. We collaborate a lot (yes, a lot), and together with our Product Managers and Designers we figure out solutions to customer problems. As engineers we enjoy working full-stack from infrastructure, deployment, database and Python+Django back-end up to front-end apps with Vue.js, and Angular powered by Webpack.
With agile and lean values, we improve regularly, split work into smaller pieces and continuously deliver software (several times per day), without a lot of handovers or administration. We are truly empowered to solve user problems, which is rewarding and enjoyable!
You have several years of professional experience within software development and like getting things done while doing them well. You have great technical breadth and proven depth in specific areas. You always want to understand how things work, keep learning and gladly share that knowledge with your team.
On a product and company level you have the ability to see beyond solutions and technologies and understand how technology enables customers, what problems it solves and the business impact. On a technical level you value simplicity, code reviews, continuous integration, and agile and lean practices, as they help you and your team deliver much better.
- Developing and maintaining features to improve learning, across all of the stack
- Taking part in product ideation and development
- Contributing to a great product, through great craftsmanship and quality and collaboration
- Driving bigger technical and process improvements that have positive team and product impacts
- 5+ years of web development experience, especially in a lead role of some kind
- Ability and desire to work full-stack, with good overall knowledge of both back-end and front-end
Other skills we value
- Django, Rails, Spring or similar web technology
- Angular/React/Vue or similar web frameworks
- Automated testing (unit, integration, selenium) and strategies
- Continuous integration, deployments, builds
- Working with AWS, Heroku, CDN, Docker etc.
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.