Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)
Commercial - Stockholm
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 90 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fast-paced, caring, fun and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for an exceptionally driven and skilled Chief Revenue Officer, who can own Kognity’s revenue growth and retention to maximise pace towards Kognity’s vision. You will own Kognity’s commercial outcomes and organisation (currently 25 people), develop and implement sales strategies and ensure you hit agreed-upon goals. Your direct reports will consist of the commercial leadership team. You will continuously work with the mission to provide the greatest possible value and service to our customer schools.
You will have a broad mandate, report to the CEO and be part of the senior leadership team Through this, you will also partake in setting the overall strategic direction for the company.
You will drive the direction and priorities of Kognity's commercial organisation, ensuring the right strategies are set for best performance of the sales organisation as well as setting appropriate KPIs for development on group and individual level. Your two main goals will be new revenue generated, and revenue retained, per year.
You have exceptional execution skills, a strong drive, the ability to zoom in and out, you are a strategic thinker and have a deep knowledge of what makes a successful commercial organisation, and you have a strong interest in leadership.
- Meet or exceed Kognity’s agreed-upon global quota goals
- Meet or exceed Kognity’s agreed-upon global churn and net renewal goals
- Coach, organise, staff and manage the business development, marketing, user engagement, and account management teams at Kognity
- Actively contribute to Kognity’s overall strategy to reach the company’s long-term objectives
- Ensure overall well-being and effectiveness of all team members within the commercial teams
- 10+ years' background in a sales and/or commercial role
- 5+ years' experience in a leadership role (including leadership over leaders), preferably with teams in several countries
- Deep experience of B2B sales within the software industry, preferably of SaaS specifically, as well as account management, marketing and relevant KPIs
- Knowledge of structuring and implementing sales goals and commission models
- Understanding of, and ability to work closely with, organisational stakeholders (product teams, finance, POPS, CEO)
- A relentless drive, humility, a caring personality, execution of power, flexibility of mind, and belief in total ownership