Senior Business Developer (Stockholm)
Commercial - Stockholm
Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 90 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for a Senior Business Developer with a proven track record in driving new sales and customer engagement in a B2B environment involving many stakeholders.
The Senior Business Developer is responsible for generating new sales within our top-tier segment of prospect schools in Europe (with opportunities to work with other markets over time). You will have complete ownership of the sales process from prospecting to confirmed paid subscriptions, and will be expected to meet ambitious monthly revenue goals. You will be setting country-by-country and school-by-school strategies to capitalise on revenue opportunities.
To succeed in this role you need to be hungry and enjoy all aspects of working in an ambitious fast-paced sales environment, from chasing prospects over the phone, to extensive traveling,to sales meetings around Europe and a passion for closing deals.
You will report to the EMEA Regional BD Leader and work closely with Account Management and other teams within the Commercial organisation.
- Meet monthly quota goals
- Pipeline management to enable scheduling international sales trips well in advance
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting to confirmed customer
- Full ownership of the school during the trial period to ensure successful confirmation of paid customer
- Book and attend meetings with leads at schools (15-18 travel days per month)
- Represent Kognity at international and local conferences and events
- As a Senior Business Developer you should strive to be a best-practice ambassador in the BD team
- Higher education degree in relevant field
- 5+ years relevant experience in B2B Sales
- Proven success meeting ambitious revenue targets in B2B Sales
- Near-native in English
Other skills we value
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- SaaS / EdTech sales experience in a fast-growth company
- Experience in the EMEA education sector
- Ambitious yet humble
- Experienced traveller
What we can offer you
- A truly international role with amazing colleagues
- Competitive base salary + commission with no cap
- 30 days paid vacation
- Priority Pass lounge access to airports around the world (after probation)
- Opportunity to purchase company shares (every January after probation)
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.