Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this
Who you are & why we need you!
Does coding for a higher purpose sound like your cup of tea? Do you on top of this also define yourself as a full-stack developer with a certain expertise in front end technologies? We are looking for you to join our development team in Stockholm!
Together we will help students globally to radically improve their learning abilities. We will collaborate a lot (yes, a lot), and together with Product Managers and Designers you will play an important part in both product ideation and development.
To enjoy working in this position you thrive when working within a wide range of technologies, and your heart is ticking some extra for the user facing part of the product. You enjoy being in a position where you can spread front-end magic throughout the team, and help others to become better!
As we today are a bunch of dedicated developers working full-stack from infrastructure, deployment, database and Python+Django back-end up to front-end apps with Vue.js, and Angular (powered by Webpack) we need you to be a solid full-stack developer, but we also need your help and guidance in taking the front-end part of the product to the next level.
You will work in small cross-functional product teams with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to structure and drive effective architecture patterns and improvements, always with a mission to enable the teams to move faster in a standardised way and to make the user love our product!
- 5+ years of professional full-stack web development experience
- Proven CSS knowledge, architecture, strategies, patterns/PWA etc.
- Experience in interaction design, creating both functional and delightful experiences
- Lean UX mindset
- Experience in optimisation for the whole stack
- Exceptional English in written and oral communication.
Other skills we value
- Advanced level of knowledge in development & maintaining Design Systems
- Successfully migrated old technology to new component-based
- Depth in any front-end framework such as React/Vue/Angular
- Django, Rails, Spring or similar web technology
- Automated testing (unit, integration, selenium) and strategies
- Continuous integration, deployments, builds