Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do thi
Who you are why we need you
Does coding for a higher purpose sound like your cup of tea? Do you on top of this also define yourself as a frontend engineer with interest working as full-stack? We are looking for you to join our development team in Stockholm!
Together we will help students globally to radically improve their learning abilities. We will collaborate a lot (yes, a lot), and together with Product Managers and Designers you will play an important part in both product ideation and development.
To enjoy working in this position you thrive when working within a wide range of technologies, and your heart is ticking some extra for the user facing part of the product. You enjoy being in a position where you can spread front-end magic throughout the team, and help others to become better!
As we today are a bunch of dedicated developers working full-stack from infrastructure, deployment, database and Python+Django back-end up to front-end apps with Vue.js, and we need your help in taking the front-end part of the product to the next level.
You will work in small cross-functional product teams with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to structure and drive effective architecture patterns and improvements, always with a mission to enable the teams to move faster and to make the users love our product!
A few things you need to have:
- Experienced with automated testing (e.g. e2e, integration, unit)
- Strong knowledge of Object oriented programming
- Understanding of full-stack (e.g. backend, databases), and willing to do work across the stack if needed
What you will get to do:
- Continuously improve the quality of our platform by driving improvements and challenging the status quo.
- Join user research interviews with Designers and Product Managers to understand and validate product solutions
- Work in an autonomous cross-functional team with engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Support & guide the team on code reviews, best design practices & help in meeting regular deliverables at the sprint & roadmap level.
What you´ll be doing
As part of our team, you’ll be building multi-page web applications with web accessibility best practices for students and teachers from all around the world. You’ll also contribute to our design system and our component library along with designers and engineers and have the chance to influence and lead projects and architectural changes across multiple teams.
What we can offer you
- Relocation package - We can offer full relocation support to Stockholm.
- Culture - You'll have the opportunity to work in a multicultural product company with talented people who are here to make a difference for students all over the world
- Learning - We believe you need to grow as the company grows and you'll have a yearly budget to spend on yourself
- Fix&Explore days - Your time to focus on self-development, try new ideas, or improve what we already have
- Gym partnerships and a yearly budget for health related services
- 30 days of paid vacation every year.
- Cell phone, home office days (even after Covid19) and other nice-to-haves.