This is not your ordinary Product Design role
While most of the jobs out there aim at driving users mindlessly through a flow to reach a goal, at Kognity we do the opposite. We ensure that students stop every once in a while and reflect on what they just studied. We add friction in the right places while supporting students on their journey to learn. We simply emphasise learning everywhere - which is both a daunting task and something fantastic to be responsible for.
Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
Who you are & why we need you
If you want to do something radically meaningful and join our mission to increasing learning abilities for school students worldwide, then as our first dedicated Product Designer you will have a big impact. You will be working hands-on in improving our current product experience and our future product offering. You will raise the bar of the visual design within the product and its consistency across the company.
To enjoy working in this role you need to be execution driven and a problem solving doer that prototypes and iterates on ideas rather just talks about them. You enjoy working in cross-functional squads to achieve squad and company outcomes: both with discovery and delivery.
- Be a central part of a cross functional squad that drives user and business outcomes, where you are responsible for delivering designs that create an emotional connection and help more people to learn better
- Rapidly prototype solutions based on new findings and ideas
- Test designs and concepts on users for desirability and usability
- Raise the bar of Kognity’s visual design and evolve our design system: both in driving its adoption and in elevating the components visual experience across the product
- Collaborate closely with members across the company on product and design related projects
- 4+ years of design experience of building interactive digital products with responsibilities of delivering the final look and feel
- Strong design portfolio demonstrating excellent UI and UX skills through thoughtful interactions and visuals across digital products
- Senior experience with user centric and iterative design methods
- Substantial experience in user testing throughout the whole product life cycle
- Attention to visual detail
- Experience and interest in developing Design Systems
- Passion for improving education
Other skills we value
- Coding/scripting skills or front-end experience
- Animation, motion, time-based storytelling skills
Apply for this job
Send us your application and design portfolio and we’ll get going together!
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.