Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for a Business Developer with a proven track record in driving new sales and customer engagement in a B2B environment involving many stakeholders.
As the Business Developer, you are responsible for generating new sales within prospect schools in North America (with potential to work with other markets over time). You will have complete ownership of the sales process, from prospecting to confirmed paid subscriptions, and will be expected to meet ambitious monthly revenue goals. You will be setting state-by-state and school-by-school strategies to capitalise on revenue opportunities.
To succeed in this role you need to enjoy all aspects of working in an ambitious fast-paced sales environment. You will need to be excited by chasing prospects over the phone, running large numbers of online demos with schools in North American time zones, as well as having a passion for closing deals.
You will report to the North America Regional Business Development Leader and work closely with Account Management and other teams within the Commercial organisation.
- Meet monthly quota goals
- Manage pipeline to enable efficient scheduling of international sales trips well in advance
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting to a confirmed customer
- Take full ownership of the school during the trial period to ensure successful confirmation of paid customer
- Book and attend online meetings with leads
- Represent Kognity at international and local conferences and events
- Strive to be a best-practice ambassador in the BD team
- Higher education degree in relevant field
- 3+ years relevant experience in B2B Sales
- Proven success meeting ambitious revenue targets in B2B Sales
- Near-native in English
Other skills we value
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- SaaS / EdTech sales experience in a fast-growth company
- Experience in the EMEA education sector
- Ambitious yet humble
- Experienced traveller
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.