Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for a Senior Business Developer / Account Manager with a proven track record in driving new sales, renewals and customer engagement in B2B sales with many stakeholders.
The Senior Business Developer will work from our Stockholm office, being responsible for generating new sales within India, Kognity’s fastest growing market. To succeed in this role, you need to be ambitious and thrive on working in a fast-paced sales environment. This includes chasing prospects over the phone and travelling extensively for sales meetings.
You will have complete ownership of the sales process, from prospecting to confirmed paid subscriptions, and will be expected to meet ambitious monthly revenue goals. You will be setting school-by-school strategies to capitalise on revenue opportunities with best in class practices.
During the first year, your main focus will be on Business Development (new sales). As we continue to grow our market share, your proportion of Account Management work will increase.
You will report to the APAC Regional Leader and work closely with other teams within the Commercial organisation.
- Meet activity, quota, renewal and upsell monthly targets
- Full ownership from prospecting, trial management and closing as well as renewal
- Proactively drive usage during trials and continuously with paid customers
- Book customer trips well in advance and attend meetings with leads at schools in India (+15 travel days per month)
- Represent Kognity at international and local conferences and events in India
- Higher education degree in relevant field
- 5+ years relevant experience in B2B Sales
- Proven success meeting ambitious revenue targets in B2B Sales in India
- Proven ability to build long lasting relationships with customers
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility in traveling as well as working with clients in different time zones
Other attributes we value
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- SaaS / EdTech sales experience in a fast-growth company
- Efficient and excellent time management
- Experience in the Indian education sector
- Ambitious yet humble
- Experienced traveller
- Fast learner
What we can offer you
- A truly international role with amazing colleagues
- Competitive base salary + commission with no cap
- 30 days paid vacation
- Priority Pass lounge access to airports around the world (after probation)
- Opportunity to purchase company shares (after probation)
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email or LinkedIn due to GDPR.