Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who you are & why we need you
Do you thrive in building, coaching and managing engineering teams? Do you have a technical background and read a lot on leadership, technical excellence, product development? Always want to improve? We are looking for you to join our development teams in Stockholm!
Together we help students globally to radically improve their learning abilities! You’ll be working closely with our cross-functional autonomous product teams of engineers, product managers, designers and tech leads, to ensure high-value delivery that truly improves learning. You’ll also be collaborating with our CTO and engineers on tech-wide matters such as hiring, leadership, defining new roles, refining processes and development methodology.
To enjoy taking on this opportunity you are comfortable driving organisation changes, communicating clearly and making the decisions needed.
As a leader you’ll of course collaborate closely with other supportive leaders in the organisation!
- Attract and hire top engineers
- Onboard, coach and retain engineers: having regular regular 1:1’s, feedback conversations and support two small tech teams.
- Drive and improve our technical processes and frameworks across teams (e.g. how we work, our progression framework & career paths, incident management process)
- Drive, identify, facilitate and guide teams in continuous improvements and team dynamics to ensure we are the best team we can be.
- Drive technical projects and work closely with product teams to successfully develop their products, through great engineering and organisation practices.
- A technical background and high interest in software development, complemented with a Bachelor/Master in Computer Science
- Solid leadership experience, with openness, humbleness, radical candor and motivating and inspiring people around vision and plans
- Hired and managed engineering teams in fast-growing SaaS product organisations
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.