Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for our next Sales Development Representative (SDR) with a proven track record of building rapport with prospects, pinpointing customer needs and articulating the value of a product or service.
As an SDR at Kognity you are responsible for generating and qualifying new business opportunities from all over the world. You do this by responding to inbound leads from marketing and generating new leads through outbound activities with a heavy emphasis on cold calling. Once a lead has been qualified and a demo meeting is booked you will hand over the opportunity to our Account Executive team.
To enjoy this role you thrive in an international fast-paced sales team and you feel excited to work towards ambitious meeting booking goals. You love chasing prospects and running many qualifying calls within different time zones each day.
- Initiate contact with potential customer schools through cold-calling and responding to inbound leads
- Educate leads on the value of Kognity and nurture them until they are qualified and ready to talk with an Account Executive
- Schedule meetings and introduce leads to their new point of contact
- Support the Sales team with pre conference outreach (calls and email)
- Work closely with Marketing and follow up with prospects on marketing campaigns
- Persistent drive to call and email schools each day
- Maintain detailed documentation of leads and contribute to improving data accuracy in Salesforce CRM
- 2+ years of experience in sales, marketing or telemarketing
- Experienced with and excited to do a high volume of cold calling
- Proven track record of building rapport with prospects, pinpointing customer needs and articulating the value of a product/service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Near native English speaker