Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 100 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn faster and more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, fast-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
Does coding for a higher purpose sound like your cup of tea? Are you dedicated to both the functionality and the beauty of a product? Do you on top of this also define yourself as a solid full-stack developer? We are looking for you to join our development team in Stockholm!
Together we will help students globally to radically improve their learning abilities. We will collaborate a lot (yes, a lot), and together with our Product Managers and Designers we will figure out solutions to customer problems.
As we are working full-stack from infrastructure, deployment, database and Python+Django back-end up to front-end apps with Vue.js, and Angular (powered by Webpack) we hope that you also are interested in doing so.
It’s important that you value simplicity, code reviews, continuous integration, and agile and lean practices as you will be a part of regularly improving and continuously delivering software (several times per day), without a lot of handovers or administration.
You will work in small cross-functional product teams with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to improve learning globally through our learning platform.
- 3+ years of professional full-stack web development experience
- Ability and desire to work full-stack, with good overall knowledge of both back-end and front-end.
- Strong technical breadth and proven depth in specific areas.
- Exceptional English in written and oral communication.
- Understanding of how technology enables customers, what problems it solves and the business impact.
Other skills we value
- React/Vue/Angular or similar web frameworks
- Django, Rails, Spring or similar web technology
- Automated testing (unit, integration, selenium) and strategies
- Continuous integration, deployments, builds
- Working with AWS, Heroku, CDN, Docker etc.
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.