Kognity is a fast-growing EdTech company and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 100 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn faster and more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, fast-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are now looking for a motivated and responsible person to join our finance team as a Business Controller. We are growing rapidly and therefore need to enhance our financial guidance ability. We are looking for someone to work in close collaboration with our business leaders to guide the company’s decision making from a financial & data perspective through data analysis, controlling, reporting and forecasting.
You want to guide our business in making the right investment decisions. You can take on or identify tasks and run with it, both independently and in close collaboration with your colleagues from finance and other teams. Since our company is growing fast and will adapt to new business opportunities, you embrace a fast-paced environment where there is not always a correct answer. You will be based in Stockholm and report directly to the CFO. Our office at Linnégatan in Stockholm offers a great place to work with breakfast and snacks to keep you energised and remote happenings to socialize with your colleagues (like our “famous” remote pub quizzes on Fridays!). We are a wonderful team waiting to say “Welcome” to YOU.
- Managing and building processes within Financial & business controlling
- Independently drive the processes and manage stakeholders to get their buy in
- Identifying, structuring and enabling implementation of organisational improvements based on financial insights
- Enabling our business leaders to make better decisions through financial insights and supporting in the resource allocation process
- You will be responsible for reporting and forecasting
- Tracking of the business through SaaS KPIs
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills and feel at home analysing transactional data
- You thrive in managing various stakeholders while driving new processes and initiatives
- You possess a good understanding of profit & loss, balance sheet and cash-statements
- Professional proficiency in excel/google sheets and powerpoint/google slides skills
- Driven, humble, supportive in nature and open to feedback
Other skills we value
- Knowledge of financial planning processes
- Fluent in Swedish, both written and spoken
- Previously working in an EdTech and/or SaaS company
Please note that we do not accept any applications through email due to GDPR.